Emergency Medical Services, more commonly known as EMS, is a system that provides emergency medical care. It is activated by a call for help, after an incident of serious illness or injury. The focus of EMS is emergency medical care of the patient(s). EMS is most easily recognized when emergency vehicles or helicopters are seen responding to emergency incidents. But EMS is much more than a ride to the hospital. It is a system of coordinated response and emergency medical care, involving multiple people and agencies.
The EMS Division operates 3 ambulances staffed with professional personnel prepared to respond to nearly any medical emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to over 2,800 call per year. The City of Nogales Fire and Medical Department has provided EMS services since 1984.
Our Community Health Integrated Paramedic Program (CHIPP) services are provided to patients at no cost at this time. Our services are designed to link patients to healthcare and other community resources to prevent unnecessary 911, ED, and impatient use through in-home support.
The Community Integrated Paramedics and EMT’s visit patients in-home to”
- Obtain and track vital signs: including blood sugar, weight, ECG, Sp02
- Support managing medications (in partnership with the Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center)
- Provide chronic disease education
- Assess homes for fall and environmental hazards
- Provide referrals to useful community resources (health system navigation, wellness, social services, nutrition support, home repair)
CHIPP is designed to fill gaps in medical care whule supporting patient care plan consistency.
Other ways CHIPP may help:
- Pick up a patient’s medication from the pharmacy to prevent non-adherence
- Visit a patient after hospital/ED discharge to support home care instructions
- Visit a patient in-home prior to home health referral, or between primary care visits.
- Visit a patient in-home after other in-home services have been discontinued
- Provide in-home support for patients without access to other in-home services
Ambulance Billing – The City of Nogales Fire and Medical Department has outsourced the Ambulance billing and collection to Fry Fire District:
To make an ambulance payment, please click HERE
The Fry Fire District has been involved in the ambulance transport and billing business since 1976. Ambulance billing and collection became a specialized function of the Administrative Division in June of 1990. They have recently completed several upgrades to their billing systems and internal processes.
For information about Fry Fire District Notice of Privacy and Practices and your Protected Health Information you may contact Linda Romero at [email protected] or 520-378-3276 Ext. 10
The district specializes in tailoring its collection programs to the needs of the entity. Services are all-inclusive and relieve the contracting entity form the majority of their billing, reporting, and record keeping requirements.
The Fry Fire District can provide an estimate for billing services for your Fire / EMS agency or private transportation service. Please contact Linda Romero at 520-378-3276 ext.10 for additional information on these and other ambulance billing services.