City of Nogales Mayor Arturo R. Garino is aware of the on-going situation regarding COVID-19 (Corona Virus) and is taking the lead to protect the community. The Mayor met with City Directors to formulate a contingency plan to protect everybody in the City.
“We are actively working so that department directors are taking important precautions to ensure the well-being of employees and residents,” said Mayor Garino. The Mayor strongly recommends to following:
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Avoid large gatherings and events
- Avoid close contact with anybody who is sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash immediately
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol based sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Remember, houshold supplies are limited. Please purchase only what is needed and be considerate of others.
“At the City of Nogales, we are conducting business as usual, while also following safety protocols, so that our employees can continue to provide the importanat services our residents depend on,” said Mayor Garino.
Further information will be provided as it becomes available. For additional questions of inquiries, please contact Mayor’s Executive Assistant, Diana Cruz, at 520-285-5602 or email@example.com